PEDIATRIC URGENT CARE
What is an Urgent Health Care Problem?
As a parent, every illness or injury that your child suffers can appear to be an emergency. However, it is important to know what can be treated in a pediatric urgent care center and what requires a trip to the emergency room. Each have distinct benefits for your child. If you know when to bring your child to AG Urgent Care Centers near you in Brooklyn you can avoid the long waits and high costs of an emergency room.
We want your child to receive appropriate care. If your child exhibits the following symptoms call 911 or rush to the nearest emergency room. These are serious and sometimes life threatening conditions that require complex care:
- A broken bone with swelling and/or bumps on the surface of the skin.
- An infant younger than two months old who is running a fever.
- Your child is listless, has lost consciousness or suffered a seizure.
- Your child is gasping for air.
Except for these serious conditions, urgent care can provide fast, skilled pediatric care to your child for a wide range of ailments.
Our Services / Illnesses and Conditions We Treat
The pediatric urgent care center at AG Urgent Care treats most emerging childhood illnesses and minor injuries sustained by babies, toddlers, young children and teens.
Given the fact that children are always on the move, there can be a wide range of illnesses and injuries that need to be treated. Some of the most common conditions that we treat in our pediatric urgent care center include:
- Colds and flu
- Congestion and upper respiratory infections
- Ear infections, drainage from the ears, pulling on the ears
- Throat infections like strep throat and sore throat
- Conjunctivitis, (pink eye) drainage from the eyes
- Rashes and eczema
- Cuts and scrapes
- Nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- Sprains and strains
- Minor burns
- Asthma attacks
- Headaches and migraines
- Infectious diseases like measles
What Happens If I Walk in Without an Appointment?
You and your child will be seen by an urgent care pediatrician. AG Urgent Care is designed to serve you and when you walk in without an appointment we will care for you. If your child needs urgent care don’t hesitate to rush to the AG Urgent Care Center in Brooklyn nearest you.
What Happens When I Arrive at Pediatric Urgent Care?
Our goal to make sure that your child is seen quickly and without an extended wait.
When you arrive our staff will welcome you and ask you to describe the urgent needs that have brought you and your child to the pediatric urgent care center.
The receptionist will notify a nurse and doctor immediately, tell them that you have arrived and give them the details of your urgent medical needs.
Then, you will be asked to register your child and provide us with information like name, address, contact information and insurance coverage. If you do not have insurance coverage for your child, or you believe that it is too expensive, we will introduce you to our membership plan. It offers different levels of care that are affordable and offer comprehensive coverage for you and your family, including regular immunizations. Membership also includes a mobile app with 24/7 access to our physicians. AG Urgent Care membership is much more affordable than insurance premiums and does not have sky-high deductibles.
Understanding Your Child’s Care Plan
Once your child has been treated by our physician, you will receive a care plan for him or her. The care plan will tell you how to care for your child when you return home.
Some of the elements of the care plan you will receive include:
- Summary of the treatment your child received in the pediatric urgent care center.
- Medication list, including dose and times to give the medication.
- Instructions for follow-up like making an appointment with your primary care physician, physical therapy, etc.
- Recommendations for recovery from the illness or injury which may include things like rest, ice and elevate, stay hydrated, etc.
- A list of things you should watch for as your child recovers which may include things like fever, discharge from a wound, etc.
- Directions on how to change bandages.
When you leave AG Urgent Care Centers with your child, we expect that you will feel well cared for, and well informed about caring for your child when you return home.