Brooklyn STD Testing
Experienced STD testing in Brooklyn and Queens New York providing private STD testing and treatment. Get relief today.
What is an STD Test?
Usually, STDs are transmitted via physical contact or shared IV drug needles. Although very rare, STDs may theoretically be transferred from mother to child when a birth or via breast-feeding.
No other Brooklyn STD testing provider can match the high level of customer support and treatment that WeHealth and AG Urgent Care testing provides.
Whether or not you have developed symptoms, STD screening is important for anyone sexually active. Most STDs are asymptomatic, so the only way to prove their existence is to get screened.
We make it convenient for Brooklyn, New York, residents, and tourists to conduct STD tests. It is estimated that more than 20 million individuals in the United States have a sexually transmitted disease (STD) every year.
TYPES OF STD TESTS
STD testing falls in different types, but here we mention some of the most common types of tests.
Tests for the most common STDs:
- Gonorrhea: vaginal swab or sample urine
- Chlamydia: vaginal swab or drop of urine
- Genital herpes (with symptoms): Swab of the affected area and blood test
- Genital herpes (no symptoms): Blood test (ask for a type-specific IgG test, not an IgM test)
- HIV: Blood test or finger prick
- Trichomoniasis (Trich): Swab of the infected area, a visual exam or a sample of discharge
- Syphilis: Blood test or sample is taken from a sore
- HPV (cervical cancer): A sample is taken from the cervix as with a Pap test.
- HPV (genital warts): Visual exam
HOW TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF STD TEST I NEED?
The type of test you need for std testing will be based on your sexual history and symptoms. Your STD testing center in Brooklyn will detect any STD by checking your blood, urine, or tissue.
HOW DOES STD TESTING WORK?
A urine sample is all necessary for many STDs, including gonorrhea.
Others may need a blood sample, finger, or arm, such as HIV and syphilis. Physical examination may also be performed, and you may need to Swab your genitals to identify certain STDs.
Our STD testing centers in Brooklyn ensure that you are safe and secure through every step of the process.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I THINK I HAVE AN STD?
Your doctor will provide medication and therapy if your test tests positive. It is essential to know that it is not possible to cure all STDs. The antibiotic will generally clear the infection if the STD is bacterial or parasite and avoid complications. Many STDs can be successfully treated when detected early.
Consult one of our doctors in person or video chat with a Brooklyn area doctor for advice on the treatment of your STD.
Start care immediately, take the full course of medicine, and follow the advice of your doctor.
- Do not breastfeed an infant or use breast milk to feed a child.
- Any sexual activity should be with a single uninfected partner. And find out if they have any other partners.
- Delay having sex for as long as you can. The younger you are, the more likely you are to get an STD when you start having sex.
- Use a condom any time you have sex. They can’t fully prevent an STD, but they decrease the chances.
- Notify and allow all prospective sexual partners to undergo medical assessments.
- Stop sexual intercourse while on STD treatment.
- Discharge from the vagina (for women) or urethra (for men) can be a symptom of certain STDs
- Vaginal discharge solids were coming out of the vagina.
- Urethral discharge is a liquid or other fluid that comes out of the penis.
- Pain during sex may be a symptom of STD.
- Painful Urination
- Burning sensation during urination
- Open sores or bumps on the genitals or in the oral or rectal area
- Abnormal or odd-smelling genital discharge
- A sore, swollen groin
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Fever accompanied with any of the above symptoms
Many STDs have no physical signs or symptoms. You can pass the infection on to your sex partners, even without any symptoms. So protection, like a condom, is essential for sex. Please see your doctor for STD screening regularly so that you can detect and treat an infection before it can spread.
FAST STD TESTING RESULTS IN BROOKLYN, NY
It can be a struggle if you’re searching for quick STD test results in the Brooklyn area since not all clinics provide same-day STD testing services. Some tests will take up to 7 days depending on the tests and labs required. The easiest and quickest way to get checked and get your results back as soon as possible is to visit one of our Brooklyn area urgent care centers with STD testing.
STD TESTING BROOKLYN NY
Our urgent care centers in Brooklyn NY offer STD testing in Bushwick, Ditmas Park, Prospect Lefferts, Jamaica, and Brownsville.
What to Expect at Our Brooklyn STD Testing Clinics
A doctor or a nurse will:
- Privately ask you some questions about your sex life
- Possibly need to physically examine the affected area
- Prescribe additional testing and medication
Get Relief Today
AG Urgent Care has STD testing urgent care centers near your home in Brooklyn and Queens so that you can receive rapid relief from STD symptoms today.